School is back in and the holidays have come to an end. Here are three tips to help keep you kids safe in 2019:
- If your child walks to or from school, make sure that they do so with friends. Ask a teacher or other parents if they know of other children who walk to school to find out if they can do so with your child as well.
- When your child is walking to school, make sure that they stick to the main roads and obey the street lights and signs. They must not divert off the road to quieter secluded areas to use as a shortcut as these areas can be inhabited by kidnappers.
- Teach your children to always wait inside the school premises if you are not there are on time.
- Children must never get into a stranger's car, even if they say that you or your loved ones has given them permission to fetch them.
- A clever way to ensure that the lift that they are getting is legitimate is to assign a password that the person giving your child a lift must repeat.