Here are some tips that you should bear in mind this festive season.
The festive season is a time for family and friends to get together and enjoy some quality time. Whether it is hiking, biking, shopping, or just relaxing on your couch at home, these are the things that you should remember to pay attention to:
- Don't leave your luggage unattended in the airport or in public places.
- Avoid displaying your expensive jewellery.
- Expensive cameras should be concealled in larger bags when visiting less savoury areas.
- Do not accept help from strangers when drawing money from an ATM.
- Do not accept lifts from people you don't know or have not made arrangements with (eg Uber or Taxify).
- Do not use your cellphone in public. It can easily be snatched from you and it also leaves you less aware of your surroundings, which could lead you to wander into dangerous areas or even into the street.
- Carry a mobile panic so that, should you need assistance, you can signal for help. Another great technique is to sign up for Excellerate Security's GenieICE Mobile Panic App and keep it active on your phone.
- Arrange a test of your home alarm system with your security company to ensure that your alarm is functioning correctly, giving you peace of mind when you are away.